A year ago I bought a guitar from my friend who live in street opposite to mine. Today’s my guitar’s first anniversary and it’s also my first blog here. This one is dedicated to my best friend who was there for me whenever I wanted. It explained my mood every time I grabbed it in my hands. It never complained to me and never demanded anything (instead of some cleaning and care :D).
I know how difficult is to play an instrument at first. But you know things get better with time and this rule also fits on our beloved instruments. I want to share some things about playing music and how to make yourselves stick to them. This blog is obviously for beginners and music lovers.
1. How to choose an Instrument
If you want to buy an instrument and you are confused in what to buy and what not to then do not worry I think you are at the right blog (hope so). Here are some tips who will help you to choose which musical instrument you should play.
- You better know about yourself. What kind of a person are you? Which type of music do you listen? How you treat your friends, family and other people? Are you a complex or sorted/easy to understand person? These questions really matter in choosing an instrument because your art defines you the best way. An artist makes himself in his paintings. This is the reason why people recognize the artist by his paintings. Didn’t got my point? Oh god these Einsteins! Here’s an example about me, you better read it. [Example – I am a happy but some times upset as hell type person. I listen both type of music i.e. rock and soft. I love my friends and family. I am a complex person and rarely sorted one. That’s why I chose guitar to be my partner. You can play any type of music with it (soft or wild) some times it hurts you and some times it will help you to recover with your bad moods and some times it enjoys with you no matter how pathetic you play it. You have choices with it like one way or another.]
- Choose the one who suits you. Your instrument could belong to the string family (my fav.), percussion family, wood wind family, keyboard family or brass family. Just make sure it suits you and your personality. Obviously you can choose more than one instrument too only if you got that much patience to learn them.
- Do not give up easily. Musical instruments take time to fit in with you like your pets. If you have never played any instrument then it will take much more time to you. You have to be an easy person with it otherwise it will never work for you. Start slowly first no matter if it sounds horrible.
- Believe yourself. That is most important thing for the beginners. If you are shy or reserved type then do not play in front of your friends (your choice!) or in front of those people who makes fun or laugh at those horrible sounds when you have just started to play. Just close your room’s door, play and test yourself how easy and comfortable you can go with your instrument. Again I want to tell you that it will take time.
- Practice, practice and practice. Spend time with your new friend (I mean instrument) and just try to make the music flow in your own way. No matter if your fingers will lead themselves to bleed (not really! O.o). But as you know that practice makes man perfect (who gave this quote can you please tell me? I am too lazy to google it).
- Show Off. The most easy and helpful tip of the day. No matter if you have learned only one song and it’s easy as heaven. Do not forget to show off. It’s one of the best thing you could do with your this friend. It’s fun you know. I do it every time! 😉
No matter what, everything needs hard work and heartiness. Instruments are like your best friends who stays with you forever. Give your heart to music and music will never leave your heart. Which ever instrument you’ll choose you have to love it with your heart because it really needs care. If you do not respect music you can never be a good musician even if you want to.
2. How you could improve your Music
There are many ways to improve yourself in music other than just practicing. As technology has been so much kind to people like us, you can learn it without a teacher as well. You don’t need any theory or any other boring stuff to learn music. Just grab your phone, laptop or whatever you have (it has to be a gadget, but it’s my job to tell you the whole stuff!) and search tutorials for beginners and I am sure that there’s nothing on internet you can’t get. Here are some ways which will help you to know more about music.
- Make contacts with Matured Musicians. Yes, they are one of the most profitable person you could have ever met, but make sure you find someone similar to yours. Just do not leave a chance to discuss about music with them. Try to ask more and more questions with them and I bet you they will never get bored of your questions. It’s a fact, no teacher gets bored of their juniors’ questions. Don’t worry if your junior knows about music more than you, just keep yourself easy and try to pull out more and more things about it. Squeeze their minds as hell but do not make them annoyed otherwise you’ll never find them around you again.
- Surfing on You-tube. Search for tutorials for better learning of songs and different ways to play your instruments. There is a whole world of musicians on You-tube and it’s one of the best ways to learn with/without a teacher (for free! yay! I love free things ;)). If you find it difficult to play even from the tutorials (when some musicians use advance chords and caption it as ‘for beginners’, what the hell!) then go and search for the covers. Covers of the songs are the best videos in which you can learn about the techniques and variations you could use with chords you find easy to play.
- Try to make your New Style. Observe different patterns and sum up them in a new quirky style. Not many musicians have their own style (like me :p). So try to be different and learn from wherever you could. Audience always loves new and different stuff. So you know what I mean! 😉
3. How you can use your Music Skills
There are many ways to use your talent. Do whatever you want to do man! there’s no barrier between you and the sky. Just fly and reach wherever and how far you can go. Or you can just keep it as your hobby. But if you want some suggestions about ‘Future in Music’, then I’m still here. Where else can I go? jk 😉
- Make videos! the coolest thing I want to do. It is really a good surface you can show your talent at. You can make your tutorials or make your covers of your favorite songs. You will get really amazing platform their. Maybe you can get offers for playing music in some shows or some album productions. God knows! but it’s really a good place. Many musicians received so much support on You-tube and achieved their dreams. Maybe you’re the next one!
- Be a teacher! It could be frustrating at a time, but it’s fun also at the same time. It’s better to make geniuses than to be a genius. Well that was a good line 🙂 wasn’t it?.
- Make your hobbies your profession! There’s nothing better than this. Living your dreams is the best thing you could ever do to your life. Not everybody get this chance but if you can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!.
- Make it better and better and BETTER. If you don’t want to make it as your profession then it’s okay too. Music is a thing that you’ll never get bored of. Just do your best and the best will come to you.
Okay people! I think I have shared a lot of stuff with you. But believe me this is really a good habit if you make it yours’ favorite. I just wanted to describe the importance of music and the respect we should give it. Stick to the music and you will never need a person to understand you or make you calm down when you feel at your worst. The emotional attachment I have with music is inexpressible.
So if you have some things common to me or you love music then comment your thoughts about what you feel about it. If you liked this blog then please let me know and don’t forget to hit on that star below. Have a good day people!
Thanks A lot for Reading!